Donna Missal - Slide





Do I tend to have unrequited crushes when it comes to female vocalists...yeah maybe..and what.. that being said this lovely woman returns again to my focus and blog with this lovely tune. Clanging with its sitar vibe, Donna Missal brings another downtempo touch with her unique brand of lounge pop. The intro to "Slide" sounds like a Kanye/Rza produced intro to a rap song that's going to thump hard and suddenly go insane with the production and rapper's flows. That familiar feeling only lasts for about eight seconds before a raspy, smooth vocal oozes its way into our ears.

Put on some headphones for this one, or just play it at an obnoxious volume, wherever you are. I'll wait. I promise it will be worth it. 


About “Slide”, Donna Missal details:
I wrote the lyrics for ‘Slide’ as a reminder to myself to relax and not take everything so seriously and personally,I would say that I’m very passionate and can get all in my feelings. when anyone listens to this little jam I hope it makes them feel good. sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is throw up your hands, breathe, brush your shoulders off and remember that it’s ok to have fun – no matter how imperfect the circumstances around you.

Comments