Suzi Wu- Taken Care Of



North London upstart Suzi Wu is back with "Taken Care Of", another solid cut off upcoming debut EP Teenage Witch.



a fiery-eyed explosion of fractured rhythms and slurred vocals. The teenage singer/songwriter commands the room with confidence and charisma, her fearless attitude almost as infectious as the expertly crafted pop hooks that latch onto your brain - this is another very impressive turn.
"'Taken Care Of' is about the things that made and broke me as a child, and finding power in my inability to be perfect. I wrote it for teens and children who are lost and who lead double lives," Wu explains.
Taken Care Of has come with the seal of approval of Beats 1 main guy Zane Lowe and it doesn’t sound like anything else. The icy and minimalist production and the sharp beats set the perfect stage for Suzi’s rasping R&B-tinged vocals, standing out as one of the most peculiar releases of the year. I can’t honestly wait to hear the rest of her upcoming Teenage Witch EP, which is due out for release on limited edition 12″ vinyl and digital via Lucky Number on September 8th.

About the song, Suzi said: “’Taken Care Of’ is about the things that made and broke me as a child, and finding power in my inability to be perfect. I wrote it for teens and children who are lost and who lead double lives.

Comments