Liam Gallagher- For What It's Worth








Liam Gallagher hit list – following ‘Wall of Glass’ and ‘Chinatown’, and ahead of the October 6 release date for his first official solo album – is ‘For What It’s Worth’. Not as you might think a cover of Buffalo Springfield’s 1967 protest-folk classic, but rather a Oasis-esque flashback banger that’s part ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’, part ‘Stop Crying Your Heart Out’ and full Beatles-y sing-along.

“For What It’s Worth” is an apology of sorts, but as Gallagher said in a new interview with Noisey, it’s the only one you’ll get from him: “Yeah, obviously I’ve made a lot of mistakes. That’s life. I guess it is an apology to whoever. I’ve pissed a lot of people off. But I’m certainly not gonna write a song for each and every one of them. There’s one there. Fuckin’ deal with it and move on.”
the song bears the hallmarks of a classic Oasis track like "Don't Look Back in Anger." The song blends steady acoustic strumming with piano and orchestral strings, while an electric guitar regularly cuts through with a crackling riff. Gallagher's lyrics are frank and honest with a touch of self-deprecation, "Somewhere in the crossfire of this whispering war," he sings, "Seems that I've forgot just what I was fighting for/ But underneath my skin there's a fire within/ Still burning."

Comments