Brother Ali - Special Effects (ft Dem Atlas)




some songs or entries just need lyrics posted to fully grasp why i selected it :



[Verse 1 – Brother Ali]

I don’t want to see you in a screen
I want to feel you in the flesh and on the scene
I love all the words and what it mean
But it’s so much to say in the spaces in between
I don’t want to watch dots disappear
Listen here first reactions are crystal clear
I want the uncut sentiment
Before you had a chance to second guess and edit it
I love you for the first draft you
All the technology on Earth can’t improve
No special effect and no Santa Claus
Uncut, acoustic and analog
A lifetime measured in breaths
The face is a mirror that your heart reflects
And when the eyes meet, they directly connect
And that’s what you call true special effects

[Hook/Chorus – deM atlaS]

Staring at your picture hanging nicely on the wall
Longing to be near you because life is way too short
I traveled through the night ’til morning light broke through the storm
Just to see your face again

Comments